Upscale Latin Cuisine
Amor Cubano is the best place for an authentic night of Cuban entertainment and cuisine. Live music and dancing fill the front of the restaurant. In back, where the décor evokes the feeling of a Cuban backyard patio, complete with outdoor furniture and faux-laundry hanging on clotheslines, you can hold quiet conversations while dining on typical Cuban dishes. Locals flock here because the portions can easily serve two people and are superb. Favorites include garlicky lechon asado – roast pork with bitter orange mojo sauce; vaca frita – shredded bits of steak fried with onions and garlic; the hearty garbanzos fritos—chickpeas crisped with smoked ham and bacon; or the more contemporary Cubano frito—Cuba’s take on the hamburger, presented as two sliders made from ground beef, pork, and Spanish sausages.
In addition to the food, locals flock here for the music. On weekends, the talented house band, Ray y Su Son Sonete, belts out great son (Afro Cuban music), salsa, and rumba. On Thursdays the restaurant’s signature drink, mojito, in five different flavors, flows all night at the bar for $5. Every Tuesday trovadores (Cuban folksingers) are invited to perform starting at 7:30pm. Sunday brunch provides unlimited sangria in pineapple or red wine versions and bottomless mimosas.
Features: Online Reservations, Online Ordering, Delivery
Looking for a quick, cheap meal? Head over to Pee Dee Steak House for steaks, barbecued ribs and chicken. Need to shop? You might find what you want at Danny K Fashions. There’s a large selection of brand name sneakers for men, women and children as well as T-shirts and jackets.
Transportation: Bus—M101, M102, M103. Subway—6 to 110th St.
Enjoy the show
- More than 360 entries with over 2000 photographs
- This visually rich app consists of detailed New York City visitor’s information from visitor centers, tourist websites, weather, news, holidays, sales tax, smoking rules, tipping and transportation to and from airports and in the city
- Detailed descriptions which include uncommonly known cultural and historical facts, websites, phone numbers, hours of operation, prices, menus and hyperlinks that link entries and lead to websites for additional historical and factual information.
- Entries sorted by name, category, distance, price, and neighborhood
- Once click to websites, phones, online ordering, online reservations, current menus and more
- Live calendar
- Ability to share user comments and mark and save favorites
- Ask the authors questions through in-app comments to get personalized feedback at your finger tips
- YouTube videos
- GPS enabled Google maps with walking, driving and mass transit directions
- Access offline content anytime
- Free upgrades for life
- Nightlife and entertainment from jazz, Latin salsa, opera to classical music;
- Theatre, dance, spoken word and more;
- Restaurants featuring soul food to French cuisine and everything in between;
- Unique ethnic retail shops;
- Museums that celebrate various cultures;
- Fine art galleries;
- Majestic churches and gospel music;
- Amazing landmarks;
- Parks and free recreational activities;
- Guest accommodations;
- Free internet access and Wi-fi locations;
- Authentic tours of Harlem;
- Annual events and festivals;
- Sales & Deals
Literally a guide in my pocket
Posted by Max on 13th Jan 2012
I can only subscribe to what other people already have told about the guide. It’s just great that I can read a place description, actually give a call its manager, find it on a map and even hook up on its Twitter channel to keep my eye on it. Very smart!
Download the free Sutro World @ www.sutromedia.com/world and purchase the Harlem Travel Guide today for $2.99!
Follow Welcome to Harlem on:
Website – www.welcometoharlem.com
Yelp – http://www.yelp.com/biz/welcome-to-harlem-new-york
Trip Advisor – http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60763-d1977036-Reviews-Welcome_to_Harlem-New_York_City_New_York.html