French Quarter meets Harlem
Owner Kevin Walters serves up not only Creole dishes reminiscent of the French Quarter but great jazz acts on a small, intimate stage in view of the dining room most nights. The kitchen plates up a unique interpretation of Creole – a blend of French, Spanish, African, and Native American influences – like spicy blackened catfish, Creole stewed chicken, blackened shrimp Napoleon, and several gumbo variations – even a vegetarian one. However, their signature dish – not to be missed are the sweet potato beignets (fried doughnuts).
In addition to great food, Creole offers one of East Harlem’s great bargains – either a $7 or $8 luncheon special served Mon–Fri from 12pm– 4pm. Sundays they have brunch for $29 with unlimited mimosas.
Since opening, Creole has invigorated the uptown jazz scene especially Latin Jazz, which is only appropriate since Creole is located in the heart of Spanish Harlem, or as the locals say, El Barrio. This place is always jumping with top-notch entertainment, so check their web site calendar for the schedule.
Features: Happy Hour
To satisfy your Latin music tastes it’s Casa Latino Music Shop, one of the last survivors of a dying breed—the retail music shop. A huge selection of Latin music CD’s, musical instruments and books will delight you. If you’re still in the mood to shop, visit the New Shoe World for a large selection of brand name sneakers.
- More than 360 entries with over 2000 photographs
- This visually rich app consists of detailed New York City visitor’s information from visitor centers, tourist websites, weather, news, holidays, sales tax, smoking rules, tipping and transportation to and from airports and in the city
- Detailed descriptions which include uncommonly known cultural and historical facts, websites, phone numbers, hours of operation, prices, menus and hyperlinks that link entries and lead to websites for additional historical and factual information.
- Entries sorted by name, category, distance, price, and neighborhood
- Once click to websites, phones, online ordering, online reservations, current menus and more
- Live calendar
- Ability to share user comments and mark and save favorites
- Ask the authors questions through in-app comments to get personalized feedback at your finger tips
- YouTube videos
- GPS enabled Google maps with walking, driving and mass transit directions
- Access offline content anytime
- Free upgrades for life
The handiest guide ever!!
Posted by RMT, New Jersey on 8th Jan 2012
Just love having all the information about Harlem one could ever need/use at my fingertips. Photos are great, history about the various landmarks so very interesting and restaurant and entertainment info-phone #’s, websites, menus,etc very handy. Great information on an iconic neighborhood in NYC!
Download the free Sutro World @ www.sutromedia.com/world and purchase the in-app Harlem Travel Guide today for $2.99!
Follow Welcome to Harlem on:
Website – www.welcometoharlem.com
Facebook – http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Welcome-to-Harlem/464732145003
Twitter – https://twitter.com/welcometoharlem
Yelp – http://www.yelp.com/biz/welcome-to-harlem-new-york
Trip Advisor – http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60763-d1977036-Reviews-Welcome_to_Harlem-New_York_City_New_York.html
Blog – www.welcometoharlem.wordpress.com