The place where art enthusiasts and the local community meet
Casa Frela Gallery is committed to the community of Harlem and the enrichment of cultural life throughout New York City. The gallery creates and produces programs that connect the inhabitants of Harlem with local and international art, music, and culture. Casa Frela also runs programs that trace local culture and history through written research and the oral stories of lifelong residents. Through these activities and programs, the gallery hopes to elevate the cultural standard of living and provide a comfortable, social place to experience art and music. The gallery is also available for event and meeting rental.
Need a place to stay? Harlem’s In at Carmen’s Bed & Breakfast a wonderful Victorian row house-style brownstone in the Mount Morris Park area is for you. Continue the local community feel with a stop at Ristorante Settepani. This bakery and light fare menu restaurant has been a neighborhood staple since 2000. An extensive dessert menu, a complete wine list and draft beers round out the menu.
- More than 360 entries with over 2000 photographs
- This visually rich app consists of detailed New York City visitor’s information from visitor centers, tourist websites, weather, news, holidays, sales tax, smoking rules, tipping and transportation to and from airports and in the city
- Detailed descriptions which include uncommonly known cultural and historical facts, websites, phone numbers, hours of operation, prices, menus and hyperlinks that link entries and lead to websites for additional historical and factual information.
- Entries sorted by name, category, distance, price, and neighborhood
- Once click to websites, phones, online ordering, online reservations, current menus and more
- Live calendar
- Ability to share user comments and mark and save favorites
- Ask the authors questions through in-app comments to get personalized feedback at your finger tips
- YouTube videos
- GPS enabled Google maps with walking, driving and mass transit directions
- Access offline content anytime
- Free upgrades for life
- Nightlife and entertainment from jazz, Latin salsa, opera to classical music;
- Theatre, dance, spoken word and more;
- Restaurants featuring soul food to French cuisine and everything in between;
- Unique ethnic retail shops;
- Museums that celebrate various cultures;
- Fine art galleries;
- Majestic churches and gospel music;
- Amazing landmarks;
- Parks and free recreational activities;
- Guest accommodations;
- Free internet access and Wi-fi locations;
- Authentic tours of Harlem;
- Annual events and festivals;
- Sales & Deals
Posted by Max on 13th Jan 2012
I can only subscribe to what other people already have told about the guide. It’s just great that I can read a place description, actually give a call its manager, find it on a map and even hook up on its Twitter channel to keep my eye on it. Very smart!
Download the free Sutro World @ www.sutromedia.com/world and purchase the Harlem Travel Guide today for $2.99!
Follow Welcome to Harlem on:
Website – www.welcometoharlem.com
Yelp – http://www.yelp.com/biz/welcome-to-harlem-new-york
Trip Advisor – http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60763-d1977036-Reviews-Welcome_to_Harlem-New_York_City_New_York.html