Come and experience an authenic Walking Tour in Harlem
The Mount Morris Park Historic District was first designated by the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission. Being one of the earliest landmarked districts in the 5 boroughs in Harlem, it covers a 16 block area in Central Harlem.
Going north from West 118th to West 124th Streets and West from Fifth Avenue to Adam Clayton Powell, Jr. Boulevard (7th Avenue) Mount Morris Park Historic District showcases a remarkable blend of late 19th and early 20th century residential and church architecture associated with the Gilded Age.
The well known “Doctors’ Row” commonly known as West 122nd Street, Mount Morris Park West, and Malcolm X Blvd. all demonstrate the remarkable survival of substantially unaltered 19th-century streetscapes, rare in most areas of Manhattan.
Once the walking tour comes to a close you will be treated to a lunch at a local Harlem restaurant.
Welcome to Harlem takes pride in showing off our beautiful city and sharing the history of the Mount Morris Park Historic District and all of the beautiful sights along the way!
- Walking Tour in Mount Morris Park Historical District and surrounding area
Duration: 3 hours
See what they are saying about us
Book the tour
- More than 360 entries with over 2000 photographs
- This visually rich app consists of detailed New York City visitor’s information from visitor centers, tourist websites, weather, news, holidays, sales tax, smoking rules, tipping and transportation to and from airports and in the city
- Detailed descriptions which include uncommonly known cultural and historical facts, websites, phone numbers, hours of operation, prices, menus and hyperlinks that link entries and lead to websites for additional historical and factual information.
- Entries sorted by name, category, distance, price, and neighborhood
- Once click to websites, phones, online ordering, online reservations, current menus and more
- Live calendar
- Ability to share user comments and mark and save favorites
- Ask the authors questions through in-app comments to get personalized feedback at your finger tips
- YouTube videos
- GPS enabled Google maps with walking, driving and mass transit directions
- Access offline content anytime
- Free upgrades for life
- Nightlife and entertainment from jazz, Latin salsa, opera to classical music;
- Theatre, dance, spoken word and more;
- Restaurants featuring soul food to French cuisine and everything in between;
- Unique ethnic retail shops;
- Museums that celebrate various cultures;
- Fine art galleries;
- Majestic churches and gospel music;
- Amazing landmarks;
- Parks and free recreational activities;
- Guest accommodations;
- Free internet access and Wi-fi locations;
- Authentic tours of Harlem;
- Annual events and festivals;
- Sales & Deals
Literally a guide in my pocket
Posted by Max on 13th Jan 2012
I can only subscribe to what other people already have told about the guide. It’s just great that I can read a place description, actually give a call its manager, find it on a map and even hook up on its Twitter channel to keep my eye on it. Very smart!
Download the free Sutro World @ www.sutromedia.com/world and purchase the Harlem Travel Guide today for $2.99!
Follow Welcome to Harlem on:
Website – www.welcometoharlem.com Yelp – http://www.yelp.com/biz/welcome-to-harlem-new-york Trip Advisor – http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g60763-d1977036-Reviews-Welcome_to_Harlem-New_York_City_New_York.html